- RT @neiltyson: The divided United States of America will unite today, sharing a cosmic event predicted by the methods and tools of science.… 1 day ago
- RT @JamesMArcher: 1. Label everyone. 2. Separate them into little boxes. 3. Keep them afraid of each other. 4. Milk their creativity, mone… 2 days ago
- RT @eugenegu: White lady: We don't serve colored people here. Dick Gregory: I don't eat colored people. Bring me a whole fried chicken. R… 2 days ago
- RT @Truthdig: The corporate coup is complete. Justice Harlan Fiske Stone’s worst fears are our nightmare, writes @ChrisLynnHedges. https://… 2 days ago
- RT @ajplus: These former neo-Nazis have some advice for countering white supremacy. https://t.co/0QYNpIeXqV 3 days ago
Category Archives: Politics
The latest political idea to fix schools is to grade them. This policy approach ignores the larger issues causing problems outside the schools in favor of a simple set of limited issues inside the classroom. This is a sure fire way … Continue reading
As a substitute, I have gained a wide range of insights through my assignments at over a dozen different schools. Some of those being within the most economically disadvantaged neighborhoods in the city of Milwaukee… Continue reading
Presently money instruments or things used to settle transaction agreements, e.g. dollars and credit cards, are unequally produced and distributed by governments and recognized banks. Even the monetary innovation called bitcoin, mined by computers and known as a cryptocurrency, is … Continue reading
This being the Christmas season, many people think primarily about shopping and secondarily about THE greatest story ever told—the birth of Jesus. For billions of people the story of Jesus Christ is an historical fact, not fiction. His story gave … Continue reading
Yesterday, I saw the masterpiece by Steve McQueen, 12 Years A Slave. It is one of the most emotionally moving films I have ever witnessed. In fact, witnessed is the right word to describe seeing this film, as I felt … Continue reading
EconoMonitor : Great Leap Forward » Mazzucato: The Entrepreneurial State.
Debt, Deficits, and Modern Monetary Theory. Cross-posted from The Harvard International Review.
Originally posted on Euro-Irish Public Policy:
Do free markets actually exist and is the accumulation of wealth the defining characteristic of what it means to be human? Introduction The underlying assumptions governing neo-classical economics and its political expression in neo-liberalism…