- Share buyback machine now in overdrive — dropping a strong hint at what CEOs plan to do with tax savings on.mktw.net/2Bku8Bp 1 day ago
- Collusion: How Russia Helped Trump Win the White House by Luke Harding – review theguardian.com/books/2017/dec… 1 day ago
- RT @ALT_JD: Thank you Alabama. You pulled us back from the abyss. This was a milestone accomplishment for the cooperative gene in our colle… 1 day ago
- The rise of @realdonaldtrump and #bitcoin are symptoms of a cultural malignancy brought on by the absolute corrupti… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- RT @robert19pearson: @cullenroche you hit the nail on the head. Crypto bugs think they are introducing a new improved form of money, withou… 4 days ago
Category Archives: Politics
The latest political idea to fix schools is to grade them. This policy approach ignores the larger issues causing problems outside the schools in favor of a simple set of limited issues inside the classroom. This is a sure fire way … Continue reading
As a substitute, I have gained a wide range of insights through my assignments at over a dozen different schools. Some of those being within the most economically disadvantaged neighborhoods in the city of Milwaukee… Continue reading
Presently money instruments or things used to settle transaction agreements, e.g. dollars and credit cards, are unequally produced and distributed by governments and recognized banks. Even the monetary innovation called bitcoin, mined by computers and known as a cryptocurrency, is … Continue reading
This being the Christmas season, many people think primarily about shopping and secondarily about THE greatest story ever told—the birth of Jesus. For billions of people the story of Jesus Christ is an historical fact, not fiction. His story gave … Continue reading
Yesterday, I saw the masterpiece by Steve McQueen, 12 Years A Slave. It is one of the most emotionally moving films I have ever witnessed. In fact, witnessed is the right word to describe seeing this film, as I felt … Continue reading
EconoMonitor : Great Leap Forward » Mazzucato: The Entrepreneurial State.
Debt, Deficits, and Modern Monetary Theory. Cross-posted from The Harvard International Review.
Originally posted on Euro-Irish Public Policy:
Do free markets actually exist and is the accumulation of wealth the defining characteristic of what it means to be human? Introduction The underlying assumptions governing neo-classical economics and its political expression in neo-liberalism…