A nation state with only entrepreneurs and no civil servants would not be efficient. It might even be destructive. Entrepreneurs think only of return on investment on activities that profit themselves and not others. Where as civil servants work for the public. A nation state without public service will never be as great as a state that also includes civil servants who work for the public by asking questions and finding answers that the entrepreneur never dreams of thinking.
- How Demographics, Automation, And Inequality Will Shape The Next Decade fastcompany.com/40531968/how-d… 4 hours ago
- RT @davidpstein: A reminder that various forms of Amazon's HQ2 scheme--what @DeanBaker13 called the "quest to find the stupidest mayor"--ha… 2 days ago
- The Only Thing That's Curbed Inequality: Catastrophe - The Atlantic theatlantic.com/business/archi… 2 days ago
- RT @troublewithecon: On Chicago School totalitarianism: "Free-market economics Chicago-style must be totalitarian. There must be no alterna… 3 days ago
- RT @Suitpossum: The idea that a strong economy *necessarily* equates to a good society is dogma that needs to be challenged. An economicall… 3 days ago